Social Connections VI is less than 70 days away and I’m personally getting very excited for the conference. I’ve got June 16th and 17th circled on my calendar in bright red!
People have asked me “What is Social Connections?” and “Why should I attend?”; so I wanted to share five of my top reasons why I’m attending Social Connections VI. As an IBM Champion and being on the Social Connections team, some might say I’m a little biased…but, don’t forget I’m also an IBM Customer!
- Sponsors – How cool is it that this conference is completely FREE to attend? Yeah, that’s pretty cool…thanks a lot to our sponsors for that; but that’s not the only reason that I feel having our sponsors at the event is a benefit. I love that I can sit and talk directly with these experts who have developed solutions for IBM Connections. These discussions are not a sale pitch. They get me thinking out of the box about what’s possible with my IBM Connections deployment and how to make my life supporting IBM Connections easier.
- Speakers – Wow. In the past, Social Connections has had some great speakers. No offense to the excellent people who have spoken previously, but this year is shaping up to be, hands down, the best list of speakers we have ever had. Seriously awesome. And with the more intimate atmosphere of Social Connections, all of these speakers are available and willing to talk to you after their sessions. Or if you missed a session because you were attending another you can always catch the speaker during a break or the evening reception to discuss.
- Content – Professional, passionate presentations and discussions that tell the story of real world experiences with IBM Connections. Solutions to the problems you are facing right now in your own organizations. Ideas that make your IBM Connections deployment better, that can increase adoption and give your organization a higher ROI with the tool. What else could you ask for? I can’t think of much more. (The agenda is almost complete and will be published soon!)
- Attendees – You will have the opportunity to network with with other experienced IBM Connections users and leaders in the social business world. The best part is that this goes beyond the engaging discussions you have at the conference. You will leave the event with relationships and the ability to continue the discussion. Having a network to reach out to and bounce ideas off months after the conference has been one of the biggest benefits of my previous attendance of Social Connections.
- Location – Let’s face it…even if you are local to the Czech Republic, who doesn’t want any excuse to travel to Prague?! Prague is listed on countless “Top 10 cities to visit in Europe” lists. If the pictures and the write ups do it half the justice, we really are in for a treat. Maximize your travel investment and come early on the weekend or stay a couple days after. I know I’m hoping I can arrange a little bit of tourist time.
I really hope to see you at Social Connections VI on June 16th & 17th! It’s going to be a great event (as always)!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly:
Or start a public discussion:
- LinkedIn Group – Social Connections – The IBM Connections User Group
- Facebook Group – Social Connections – The IBM Connections User Group
- Google+ Community – IBM Connections Professionals & Power Users